Wednesday, March 06, 2002

Lloyd Dobbler vs. Willy Loman

I should be happy. Hey, a firm is interested in interviewing me, which is great in this market. I'll probably have a couple of more firms interested in the next couple of months. I should be as giddy as an A.D.D. kid on a pixie stick bender. And yet I still can't shake this feeling of malaise.

Don't get me wrong. A steady paycheck again would be wonderful. In fact, if I don't want to live in a cardboard box after June, a steady paycheck would be necessary. But I have this fear - a fear that if I go back to the law, I'll be one of those men who live in quiet desperation. That I'll end up with a chunky well-meaning but utterly clueless wife, and saying things to my kids like "after fifty, I stopped dreaming." That I'll be an example of a man who tried to followed his bliss and failed.

Ugh. Maybe I should stop eating Taco Bell.

No comments: