Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Crash

OK, I guess I should put down some happy thoughts. I bought the remastered discs of Peter Gabriel's Passion and So albums. I can't believe it's been thirteen and eighteen years respectively since they came out, back when they had a AAD, ADD and DDD standard. I'm listening to Passion right now, which takes me back to studying in my single air-conditioned room in the Arts Theme House, either working on a story for the creative writing program or cramming for some Public Policy final that will be of absolutely no use to me in the real world. Good times, good times.

OK, enough of the yippee skippee crap. So my insurance won't cover my deductible for damages caused by uninsured jagoffs unless they can locate the guy who hit me. Fat chance of that occuring. I managed to find his car at the local 7-11, and canvased the strip mall to find Juan Carlos--fuckhead illegal alien and damager of cars. I talked to the Indian shopkeepers of the mall (Juan Carlos' buddy had kept saying after the accident that his Indian boss will pay for the damage). They said they didn't recognize the name, but they recognized the description (good ol' Juan Carlos no doubt gave 'em a fake name). One helpful owner told me that I should go talk to another Indian store owner by K-Mart because there are "six crazy Mexicans who are drunk all the time" who hang out there, and Juan Carlos is probably one of them. Yeah, talking to six crazy drunk Mexicans is not my idea of fun. The one Mexican who was hanging out (lazy eye, hair net, to say he looked shady is to say the Pacific Ocean is a pond) said he had no idea where this Juan Carlos was, but he had this stupid smirk which showed that he was lying outta his ass.

Anyway, I'm out $560 (deductible plus rental car fees) in all likelihood. My insurance agent told me I shouldn't follow up on the six drunken crazy Mexican guys because $560 is not worth getting my ass jumped over. But I have a feeling that he won't follow up on the lead either. Sigh. At least the close of escrow on Casa de Stark has been moved up, and I should be getting a check for $98K by Saturday if all goes well.

No comments: