Saturday, January 25, 2003

Destiny (Photek Remix)

Remixes are tough. On the one hand, you want to make the song sound fresh and new. The best remixes remind you of why you loved the song in the first place - taking the smooth vocals from a song as warm as a down comforter and a glass of wine on a November day, placing them with a deep base and dark beats so it's now sexy and sultry as that leggy brunette in that black strapless number giving you the eye in the club. Same vocals, different but equally deep reactions. On the other hand, you don't want to make the song wholly unrecognizable, or even worse, a parody of the original (c'mon, who needs to hear Bryan Adams via a fifteen year old chick with a nasal problem at 200 bpms?)

Anyway, I'm still glad that I moved back down to L.A. My friends are all great. But my life has become, well, stagnant. I'm not going out. The in-folks at SmallLaw have decided I'm not part of the Scooby Gang and have pulled the "Let's not tell Marty Stark about any goings on." Call me Rudolph.

What I need is my life remixed.

No comments: