When I Was A Child I Had A Fever . . .The Effects of Making "They're Paying Me $**.00 Per The Hour" Your Mantra:
1. Time goes by. Fast. No. Really fucking fast.
2. You're not as angry that you're in the office on a Sunday, or at 11:30 p.m. Don't get me wrong . . . you're still angry, just not as angry.
3. You begin to view calls from friends and loved ones as annoyances rather than welcome breaks.
4. If you're checking account was a woman, it would have that rosey post-coital glow.
5. You begin to imagine your checking account as a woman because you have no fucking time to actually meet women.
6. You're so bone weary that you dream of taking a nap, and no, I don't mean "dream" as in daydreaming or hoping, but while you're sleeping, you dream of taking a nap.
7. You become really whiney in your blog. OK, more so.
8. You neglect your blog.
9. You're not really thinking about her. No, really. You just don't have the time.
10. You begin to get better at quashing down that existential angst that creeps into your psyche at midnight about what the hell you're doing with your life and aren't you supposed to be writing a novel?