Friday, July 11, 2003

Tickin' Away The Moments That Make Up A Dull Day . . .

Heh heh. So I'm getting bored of the whole "Stark Thoughts" thing, and maybe I'll just keep changing the title until I come up with something I like. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I was thinking about this whole on-line persona. A couple of years ago, random chiquas on AOL used to IM me on an irregular basis, mainly due to AOL profile which included music I listened to. A couple of IM sessions in, the ones who were interested in more than music asked me how old I was and what I looked like. Inevitably, they would all freak out and go radio silent when I mentioned I was Asian. (I guess they figured I was Italian with my AOL name, which is weird because it's just a bad latin / legal reference.)

At a casual glance, except for the few entries that explicitly state that "Marty Stark" is a pen name and that I'm actually Taiwanese, this blog appears to be written by some white dude who listens to music, hates the law and tries (usually unsuccessfully) to sound like an American Nick Hornby.

What's the point of this entry? Dunno. Maybe I'm bored. Maybe I'm pissed because the chicks who say they're looking for "Any" ethnicity on match.com really mean White/Caucasian. Maybe I need a burrito and a prozac.

No comments: