Sunday, May 22, 2005

Forces of Nature

No, I haven't forgotten y'all, nor have I gone on some hypertension bender fueled by sodium, alcohol and loose women that caused a stroke and a temporary amnesia that has forced me into a two week adventure featuring gun-toting nuns and biker werewolves to recapture my memory. Nah, just been pulling dog days at the office and feeling the dread. All the homies be telling Marty it might be time to move on and do some writing. But in the meantime, I'm just trying to get into some breakbeat zen and figure out what to write. Yeah, this is gonna be one of those list entries to ease myself back into putting together words into shiny sentences. Because I'm in my materalistic American mode, here's the swag that is keeping Marty's dread at bay:

1. Samurai Champloo - Samurai stories put to hip-hop by the dude who did Cowboy Bebop. And at one point, people thought peanut butter and chocolate together would taste like ass. Suckaz.

2. The Complete Calvin and Hobbes Damnit, comic strips are too small these days.

3. The works of Richard K. Morgan Reads like James Cameron doing Bladerunner with John Woo as secondary doing the action sequences.

No comments: