Wednesday, February 27, 2002

In Honor of the Brightest Full Moon of the Year

And now
just like it's always been
You My Lunar Queen
-Cousteau, "You My Lunar Queen"

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine

Fate
Up against your will
Through the thick and thin
He will wait until
You give yourself to him
-Echo & The Bunnymen, "The Killing Moon"

I saw it written and I saw it say
Pink moon is on its way
And none of you stand so tall
Pink moon gonna get you all
It's a pink moon
It's a pink, pink, pink, pink, pink moon.
-Nick Drake, "Pink Moon" (Yeah yeah yeah, I know it's technically The Snow Moon tonight. Wait. Oh my God. I know it's The Snow Moon. That's just so sad.)

No comments: