Saturday, December 21, 2002

Whisper

If I could say this to a Certain Someone, I would:

"If anything I've done or anything I've said has made you feel uncomfortable, I'm sorry. I'm saying this because it frankly, it doesn't feel too good to be the only person in this office you won't say hi back to, or make eye contact with. I don't feel like much of a human being knowing that I'm the one person in this office that makes you feel uncomfortable, and, well, let's face it, you don't much like. So I'd like to start again, as if the last six months never happened. You don't have to worry about me asking you out, because I'm not interested in you. I'm just trying to get through the day without feeling like some sort of creep. So if we can start all over again, that'd be great. Otherwise, I don't know what to do."

And now that I've written it down, I know I probably won't have a chance to say it. The days will go by, and despite the fact I know I have friends who think the world of me, I'll feel less of a man. Eventually, I'll just fade away.

No comments: