Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Tie You Up Until You Call To Me

For the past couple of nights, every time that I logged on to blog, I'd get random IMs from folks needing relationship advice. I know, if they need relationship advice from me, you know they're in trouble with a fucking capital TROUBLE. I guess that's just the karmic cost for having a blog that regularly and in nauseous maudling detail describes Marty's Adventures in Lalaland with stalkers, co-workers, chicks who live with their fiances and generally bad social decisions.

Anyway, I admit that I'm not just a glass is half-emtpy sorta guy, I'm a hey the glass is half empty who the fuck drank my water outta the fucking glass I'm gonna kill that fuck no I don't want to calm down get outta my way aaaaaaaaaargh type of guy. But lately, I've been realizing that, in reality, I am a lucky guy.

Like this week, I did my taxes, and I could've bought a luxury sedan with what I owe the federal government, state government, and hospitals (I'd like to say that I'm exaggerating, but sadly, I am not). But I still have enough in my savings to take a year and a half off if I wanted to.

Like some of my medication cuts my IQ down 'bout 10 points. But that just means I may not be Einstein, but at least I'm still Oppenheimer.

Like I don't have any job security right now. But in a pinch, I know someone who'll give me a six-figure-job in a heartbeat.

Yup, just call my Lucky Marty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Security and stalkers.. eep.
Those two definately don't belong together. However, now that you have mentioned stalkers... i definately should introduce myself. I am none other than Miss Karaffa. From the comic "The Misadventures of Miss Karaffa." My favorite literary character is Dominique Francon from The Fountainhead.. but only because i haven't had time to read anything else. I am a Kerouac fan - you probably hate Kerouac.However, if you really can afford to take a year an half off - i am confident that is plenty of time to start liking him.
I am currently in International Falls, MN - getting my stupid Assoc. degree in 10 days. Ill be the speaker at the graduation WHOOPDEEEE DOOOOOOO as the pres. of our student senate... and then OFF TO IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY to be a double major in anthropolgy and biology.

i just have to say - i love reading your posts.
Keep up the good work!

Normandy Tess Karaffa