Friday, February 14, 2003

Chemicals Captured In A Winter's Grip

The body likes stasis. Throw too much of one thing at it, the body will compensate by producing that thing less. That's how addiction starts -- the drug makes the body produce too much of one thing way too fast. When the drug is gone, the body will react by producing much less. It takes more and more of the drug to compensate. The body in return starts producing less and less.

So last week I was feeling good finally. I'm sure the serotonin and endorphin levels were way up high. My body isn't used to that, so it probably started producing less and less serotonin and endorphin to compensate. I'm beginning to feel like I'm back in the negative loop. I'm trying hard to stop it. You don't become a marathon runner by sprinting a few laps.

I can't care about what's happening with a Certain Someone.

No comments: