Wednesday, February 04, 2004

You Know I Feels So Dirty When They Start Talking Cute

Last entry about Makeup Chick. No! I promise! Cross my heart and hope to die! May Binky the Crotch Hammer of Frustration (hey, the Crotch Hammer has become such a significant part of my life these days it deserves a name) continue its groinal damage if I break this promise. And there will be a reason that this is the last entry about Makeup Chick.

See, last night I had the strangest dream. I was on a boat to China, what does that . . . whoops, sorry, my mind is all addled by the whole legal career thing, so much so it's on one hit wonder mode.

I dreamt that I was back in San Francisco on New Years' Eve, celebrating with some friends from my first Biglaw gig. For some reason, Makeup Chick was part of that group of friends. She was a friend of GalPal associate (in real life, GalPal associate was the one who informed me that Claire Danes' Clone had been in a long term relationship with the same woman for the last four years, but that's a different story--ahhh yes Binky, we've known each other a long time). You know how when you're with a group of friends at the mall and each of you want to do different things, so you all spread out and agree to meet back at a certain time so you have some quality time with each other? That's the vibe of the dream. So I decided to hit a few clubs by my lonesome, and Makeup Chick was at each club. We'd dance for a bit, and then she'd leave. This happened a couple of times. Midnight was approaching rapidly at one club, and I was searching for Makeup Chick so I would have someone to kiss at the new year. Unfortunately, the ball dropped and Makeup Chick was nowhere to be found. Then I saw her coming out of one of the rooms of the club, and I knew she hadn't kissed anyone at midnight as well. The group o' friends met outside the club. It was already morning. When GalPal saw me looking at Makeup Chich, she said, "You know Makeup Chick has a boyfriend?" I told her I knew that. We were all headed for breakfast. Makeup Chick started walking ahead of all of us.

Sigh.

You know Binky, no offense, but I really can't stand you.

No comments: