Sunday, April 18, 2004

Come on Little Rabbit

Yeah, I know, I met the five-entries requirements in form but not in substance, but phhhhhht to you too. So things have gotten, well, more interesting with Setup Chick. And since I want to write a treatise about as as much as you want to read it, I'll just provide snapshots.

1) Setup Chick and I have a pact--if she finds a job in Hawaii, I'll move with her. I asked what about her boyfriend, trying to feel the current 411 on the whole sitch, and she said, "Well, that's too bad for him." I also mentioned that I was kinda tipsy when I made the pact, and she kept repeating that she was sober.

2) Setup Chick and I hung out on Friday at 3rd Street Promenade. By the time we got tired of the Promenade, traffic on the 405 was really bad. I offered to hang out with her, maybe get some drinks. She said she wanted to see my cat. So we hung out at Casa de Stark for a while. The cat actually liked her (my cat's reaction to Bee's Knees was hisses). Anyway, time passed. Setup Chick was curled up on a fetal position facing me on my couch, feeling comfortable. She asked about Bee's Knees and my other past relationships. We watched TV for a bit. At 7:30pm, she looks over to me and says in a petulant voice "Take me home." (She drove up from Long Beach to Casa de Stark, and she wanted me to drive her back in her car back home and for me to take a taxi back to my home). I told her that her ass wasn't drunk, she could take herself home. She kept bugging me to take her home in a child-like voice, very reminiscent of Bee's Knees. I started calling her, half-jokingly half-sarcastic, "Bee's Knees." She said "Fuck Bee's Knees!" and then covered her mouth in surprise at her own reaction. Then she said, "Well, if I'm acting like Bee's Knees, you must like the way I'm acting. C'mon, take me home." Then we just stared at each other in silence, both of us on the couch, comfortable with each other's company. Luckily, Rational Marty was still in control, and when the silence got too heavy, I went back to trying to get her up. Setup Chick went back to acting like a bratty kid. She eventually left thirty minutes later. She called me on the road, explaining the whole thing as "just joking around."

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck all that was about either.

3) Random comment from a friend about the Setup Chick situation: "I don't care if she has a boyfriend. I call what you two have been doing for the last month 'dating.'"

No comments: