Monday, March 18, 2002

Instant Karma

So the firm with which I have a call back (for next Monday, Wednesday turned out to be no good) - I've had TWO freaky one in a million synchronicity moments in dealing with them. One synchronicity moment, maybe you can just chalk it up to coincidence. Two synchronicity moments? Well, it makes you pause.

The first one took place almost immediately after the screening interview. The screening interview firm is in the same big ass downtown LA building as my former firm's head office. As I was walking into the garage to leave, I ran into the only partner in the L.A. office with whom I worked at my former firm. There are thousands of people working in this building, and 11am isn't the usual time for people to arrive at work, it was rather an odd coincidence I should meet this partner. If there is a meaning to this coincidence, I haven't figured it out.

The second one took place just today. I called the recruiting coordinator of the sceening interview firm to arrange a call back. I hadn't heard from her all day, and if we were still going to go ahead with the call back on Wednesday, I needed to make travel arrangements pronto. Turns out Wednesday isn't a good day. So we set it up for Monday. The recruiting coordinator then informed me that she will be on vacation starting Wednesday, and that (Jenny Kerr) will be filling in for her (Jenny Kerr isn't her real name - c'mon, I'm a lawyer). Well, L.A. Chick's name is (Jennifer Kerr)!!! (Again, not using real names, but if I just used [] to denote the name, loses a bit of the impact). I know it's not the same person (L.A. Chick doesn't work in downtown L.A.), but it is freaky that the person I'll be meeting with only because her boss is out of town shares the same name with L.A. Chick.

I have no idea what the message karma is trying to give me, but I am a little freaked.

No comments: