Thursday, September 05, 2002

Up, Down, Turn Around, Please Don't Let Me Hit The Ground

Conversation that took place after I left work last Friday:

Associate About To Leave: "Hey Secretary X, has there ever been any interoffice dating here?"
Secretary X: "Why do you ask? Is Marty interested in a Certain Someone?"

Jay-zus.

And although Associate About To Leave swears up and down that Certain Someone is just shy, I realized today why I have doubts. Back in law school, I fell for someone who didn't reciprocate (good thing she didn't -- she's more twigged out than a schizo on a crank bender). When she found out I was interested, things got weird as they say. She wouldn't make eye contact. Her body language was absolutely rigid. She could barely put together two words around me. And this is the same exact behavior Certain Someone has when she's around me.

No comments: