Monday, November 04, 2002

Crash

I had my first vivid dream, well, dreams in a while last night. Restless suckers they were, where you wake up absolutely exhausted. The first dream was more like a clip. I was driving down the 101, thinking nothing of it because I had driven down it so many times -- stretches of gray asphalt with slow curves. Winds were whipping across the road and then suddenly I came by a section of the highway that bordered a gray ocean where there was no ocean before. The incoming storm was so violent that the ocean had pushed up to part of the highway. The ocean was so close I could see the white caps of waves lapping up against the rails. Suddenly, I was losing control of the car and panicking that I was going to crash into the ocean.

I briefly awoke and promptly fell back asleep again.

I was in an airport waiting for a flight. Sodium lights illuminated the interior of the airport in a sunset orange while it was pitch black outside. When they were announcing departing flights, I walked over to the gate thinking I had plenty of time. Then I realized my baggage was still in the checking area. I rushed to claim my baggage and my boarding pass. I made it onto the plane, but the only seat left was one that did not have a seat in front of it. Luckily, no one had but any of their carry on luggage underneath my seat. The plane was so huge that the passenger section was double-tiered. I was on the second level, where there was a floor to ceiling window. It was if the waiting area was put onto a plane. As the plane was rising, I realized that I only had enough money to pay for a taxi when I reached Tokyo, but not enough to pay for a place to stay.

No comments: