Sunday, January 11, 2004

All Day and All of the Night

. . . which is how long it's taking to download Adobe on this computer. I know, I'm a friggin' Luddite. But I figure the $50 or so I save a month sticking with dial-up is better spent on CDs, 'specially those ones I can't find at the Santa Monica Tower now that they moved every-fucking-thing around and Hear Music is still remodeling so I have to order them from amazon.co.uk. Yup, my thinking is still as non-linear as it ever was.

By the by, yes Virginia, chicks who do respect a guy's little foibles do exist . So for those of you guys with more albums than your ex has therapy appointments, whose finest moment was finding that mint condition Sandman no. 1, or who've kicked a hole in the wall after Duke lost to UNC back in 1995 during their worst season ever, rest easy tonight knowing that there are women who, while perhaps not totally understanding why you start getting giddy when you find that import only Massive Attack remix of Primal Scream's Exterminator, will accept you for who you are. (For those slower ones out there, I'm referring to Lisa Oliver's response to the third reader question.) My fave part is when she addresses the women reading her column, stating "The truth is if you get with a guy that is really into records / comics / books / video games / dvds / sports memorabilia and you push him on spending less or, even worse, point out how juvenile it is, he is going to point you straight to the door since that area is a big part of not only what makes him tick, but what defines him as a person. The phrase 'Thank you SO much for pointing out how much money I have chucked down the toilet on complete crap' will never come out of his mouth. But 'Screw you for making me get rid of shit I love' might."

However, guys, that does not give you license to sound like a complete know-it-all asshat.

No comments: