Monday, April 01, 2002

No New Tale To Tell

I still haven't heard back from BLFTSRU down in L.A, and I'm trying to reassure myself that there are reasons other than me getting dinged for this whole incommunicado thing. For one, the recruiting coordinator just got back from a week and a half vacation where the houses are on stilts over the South Pacific - dealing with jet lag, 10 days of piled up work and the fact that she's back in a windowless office - well, under those circumstances my first priority wouldn't be sending out an acceptance letter (see, I'm making an effort at being optimistic) to some schmoe up in the Peninsula. Having suffered from jet lag after travelling over sixteen time zones, I know that if you go straight back to work the next day, you'll wake up around four in the afternoon with your face stuck to the keyboard and the computer making rather unpleasant "eeh-eeh-eeh" bleatings. And as for the lawyers of BLFTSRU, hey, I used to be one of them, and recruiting also tends to fall on the bottom of the list when you're working twelve-hour days.

So, I'm just trying to chill for now - me worrying won't suddenly compel BLFTSRU to get back to me with an acceptance any sooner. But I am getting a wee bit frustrated at this whole life as a waiting room schtick. Kinda feel like Renton in Trainspotting in that scene where he's at the pub, slowly drinking while everyone around him moves at fast forward.

No comments: