Saturday, April 20, 2002

Paradise (Wherever You Are)

The vivid dreams are back. Last night, I dreamt I was relaxing at a bar on an island beach. There was a large bay that opened to the ocean on the east. The bar was located at the secluded southern tip of the island. I had a view of white high rises north across the bay that were dwarfed by jagged mountains. I left the bar and started walking south over white sand, and saw a lone three-story apartment complex at the edge of the beach. Except for the bar, there were no other buildings within several miles. I began wondering aloud what it would be like to live in a building so far away from anything and so close to the sea. L.A. Chick was by my side, smiling at me. "Sorry," I said, "I've suddenly become interested in location." Content, we walked arms around each other's waist to the complex.

Three nights ago, I dreamt I was travelling through a forest near the ocean. It was black with night, and I could see a full moon reflected in an ink ocean. I was trying to find my way home after the bars had closed. I walked through several parking lots trying to find my car. Then I saw a lighthouse. I remembered that I used to live and work in a lighthouse. I became happy with the memories of working in the lower floor of the lighthouse, surrounded by desks and warm lamps.

No comments: