Sunday, June 16, 2002

Everything, Everything

Yeah, I've been a bit remiss on the whole blog thing. Unfortunately, I fell back into bad nerdly habits, specifically, the deadly addiction of computer games (even more specifically, Dungeon Siege--I know it's bad for me but I want more!). Luckily, I think I've beat the addiction, and am ready to lead a fulfilling productive life (plus, a friend of mine reminded me that "the only chicks who are interested in the game are bi and fat").

So, life was progressing at a steady rate last week, although at a much slower rate than my first few weeks back in Lalaland. I finally joined the great mobile masses of the 21st century and got myself a cell phone. The fact that in less than a month I've had people irate that they got my home voice mail instead of yours truly sealed the deal. I decided to go with a Nokia phone with AT&T Wireless. I was tempted to buy a Motorola, but those suckers don't have programmable ringtones (you can take the boy outta nerdsville, but you can't take the nerd outta the boy). I've already downloaded four ringtones for my phone--"Buddy Holly" by Weezer, "Without Me" by Eminem, "Blister in the Sun" by the Violent Femmes and "Take On Me" by A-ha.

I also did the whole going out thing on Thursday night, but whoo boy, let me tell you, Jack & Cokes and a big ass Japanese dinner do not mix. The result is fertilizing plants in a Santa Monica parking lot with a projectile mixture of bile and rice. I also had a false positive on match.com. A TV chick responded to my first e-mail (we both like dayquil, yay) but she has not responded to my second e-mail. Gotta remember not to turn on the whole Marty Stark quirkiness too early next time (for your information, I didn't say anything like "It's destiny, we should get married now" or "yur rahly purty, hurh, hurh").

Oh, and the whole job thing--I'm 95% sure I got the independent contracting gig. However, we're still haggling about compensation. Obviously, there's a part of me that's thinking that it'll be nice to get some regular cashish. But, that part of me realizes that I'm not that happy about it. I don't want to go back to the law. I fucking hate the law. I like writing. I like setting my own schedule. Yeah, I know, you can't always get what you want (but if you try sometimes, you get what you need, whoo whoo--sorry, couldn't help the random excursion into the Rolling Stones). Doesn't mean I have to put on a happy face, spit on my food and call it frosting.

No comments: