Monday, May 19, 2003

Groove Is On

I was trying to think of something pithy and deep to say about my first day of freedom, but, fuggit, I just came back from a greasy lunch of a hamburger topped with a fried egg over at Dee's Diner in Santa Monica and some consumer spending. I haven't felt this human in a long while. However, just I'm catching my breath from the long spring at SmallLaw, I get a call for a contract gig at another SmallLaw - indeterminate lenght, just law and motion stuff, 35 hours a week. No rest for the wicked, I guess.

So I was really thinking about writing something on May 15th, my year anniversary of returning to L.A., no really. But that was the second-to-last-day at SmallLaw so I'd figured I'd wait until the 16th. The 16th passes without much hullaballoo plus I was out that night to see Matrix:Reloaded ("Neo, you've already made a choice - now you have to figure out why you made the choice" - oh puh-lease, if I wanted to hear this dialogue, I would've stuck it out in the college epistimology course, bleah). Certain Someone was out sick, which seemed apropos. And Transactional Associate gave notice. In the "When it rains it pours" category, Minnesota Chick from match.com wrote back to me for a second time and Bee's Knees left me a message at home (unfortunately, I've heard from neither since then, sigh).

Why didn't I write anything during the weekend? Because I was tired, so pppphhhhhhtt!

No comments: