Thursday, May 29, 2003

Up With People (Zero 7 Mix)

Yikes, that last entry ended a bit more bitterly than I intended. Don't worry. I'm not sulking around in Casa de Stark mumbling "Kill SmallLaw, big yellow brain banana" to myself while picking at my hair orangutan-style and moths fly around my hole-ridden Thievery Corporation t-shirt. Except for the fun but tiring Memorial Day weekend (two of my best friends from law school got married - groom is Vietnamese and bride is Jewish, basically a three-day affair of food, booze, traditional ethnic ceremonies and breakdancing), I've been trying to decompress and relax.

So far it's been going well. I mean, there are much worse things than having a cup o' joe at noon while listening to brit import compilations and having a cat purr contentedly on your lap. There was some backsliding -- I've had a couple of law-related dreams last week, tiring dreams about getting a mediation brief out or doing discovery. But those dreams have been slowly disappearing, being replaced by back-to-school dreams.

I realized that what I should have been doing since I left SmallLaw was to read every single day as well as write. I have over twenty books that I bought during my stint at SmallLaw what I haven't touched. I've almost forgotten the flow of prose. So, for the next three days, the goal is to finish reading at least one novel and one non-fiction before I really get crackin'.

I still torn between reworking the first novel from a snarky novel about Silicon Valley to a snarky novel about lawyering (a legal version of Scrubs), or working on the second novel tentatively entitled "Angry Yellow." Decisions, decisions.

No comments: