Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I Miss The Way You Lie

I have to remember that she did hurt me, and that if we kept it going, all we'd do is hurt each other. I'd like to think I learned an ABC Afterschool Special moral out of this (that there's a difference between wanting to be with someone, and whether or not it's good for you - hell, I'm sure a smackhead wants his next fix, but it ain't gonna do much for his complexion). I'd like to think I was a turning point in her life, but I was disheartened to find out that maybe I wasn't, and all she'll do is hit the same wall over and over again. I still think that she's the bee's knees, but I can't do anymore for her.

And I have to remember that all this has done is made me write really maudlin sentimental crap. Sheesh.

OK, season finale is May 16th. Hopefully, the writers will get back to basics and retool for next season.

No comments: