Friday, June 11, 2004

I Want An Easy Life

I Am I Am I Am Steel
Nothing Can Stop Me When I'm On The Wheel
--Curve, "On The Wheel"

I'm supposed to be writing a novel, but instead I started a new gig this week (sent resume Monday, hired Tuesday). Of course, I'm supposed to be doing a lot of different things. I'm supposed to be with someone who still wants me. So, you know how it goes. I started a new gig which pays me even more than my prior one, which if you knew how much the other gig paid me, you'd be choking and saying "You lucky shit." Marty always landing on his feet. Marty bending like a reed in the wind. And you all know I'd trade it in to be with someone else.

I've been trying to be logical about everything. With me, there's chemistry. With him, there's no passion. With me, there's laughter. With him, sadness. But of course, how logical is pining after someone who hurts you.

So here I go with another one of my nine lives. Leave a gig, find a better paying one in less than a week. Count your blessings. Keep on that wheel.

No comments: