Friday, September 16, 2005

Betty Blue

"You're so cool." --Alabama Whitman to Clarence Worley in True Romance
--Berkeley Chick to Marty Stark, also referencing True Romance and yours truly

So I'm trying to enjoy that smitten feeling for what it is, pure unadulterated giddiness knowing that some adorable yet sexy chick is also smitten with me. And I'm trying to ignore the fact that she's 359 miles away, although I'm trying to bridge that temporarily, or that she is just as cynical and jaded as I was nine years ago (probably because she's nine years younger), because she's also just as weird, eclectic and did I say weird as me now. Holy fucking shit is she adorable. Plus she curses like a sailor. And she told me she felt the way Alabama Whitman felt about Clarence Worley.

She's probably right. If we were closer in distance, it would end in disaster because we're both insane people and it would go sour and then we wouldn't be able to talk about weird shit. We might end up not meeting in person ever if she's too afraid to wreck that feeling we have now. But right now, who cares. I'm fucking smitten and I'm trying to enjoy that. What a difference two weeks can make. Fucking aye, man, fucking aye.

"She said--
You wanna go for a ride?
I got sixteen hours to kill
And I'm gonna stay up all night,
all night"
--Teenage Wristband

No comments: