Monday, September 26, 2005

Go To Sleep

You'd think that, now that I was free from the lawyer lifestyle, I'd be able to pour more attention on my blog, provide fanciful snippets of prose and creativity that crackle through my brain onto the computer screen. But obviously, that hasn't been the case.

I write about five to seven pages a day, and I still have other ideas flowing through my head. A day without writing feels like wasted time. I have so many ideas, so many turns of a phrase that pop through my head without any context. Maybe too many. But even though I've fiddled around with prose on this blog before, I don't think you want this turning into all prose all the time. Hell, even author blogs aren't clogged up with their failed experiments--though that may have something to do with copyright issues. Who knows, maybe I'll set up a new blog just to deal with stuff that comes through my head.

But as for this blog, well, there just isn't that much happening in my life. I write. I hang out. Wheeee. By necessity, there's less drama, less shit I can get into. I'm not saying I'm shutting down the blog. I'm just trying to work out where I'm at. As much as I like David Eggers, I'm not sure I can spend a whole entry writing about waking up at 9:00 a.m. and how weak my shower pressure is these days and boy do I like oranges.

No comments: