Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Ch-ch-ch-changes

OK, so I've been a wee remiss on the whole scenario project, but hey, I've been getting ready to move/been moving, so phhht on you! I will post up some more scenarios 1) once my furniture arrives and 2) if it doesn't become moot. I'm in the new digs right now, split level with the bedroom as a loft. Very artsy fartsy. Since I'm without lamps in the bedroom, I'm writing this in the dark on the second level listening to Zero 7. Ahhhhhh.

I might as well get this bit of negativity out of the way--F GTE/Verizon! There are three phone jacks, two on the first level (with the lights) and one on the second. The tenant before me decided to have two phone lines. The wiseguys at GTE assigned my number to--you guessed it--the phone jack on the top floor sans lights. I have to pay GTE $85 to switch the two first floor phone jacks, and, oh yeah, they can't give me a time certain for when it's going to be done.

But even with that bit of hassle, I do like the new digs. While I was laying on the first floor, I realized that with the whole tall ceiling effect the kitchen is heavily reminiscent of Michael Whelan's painting The Red Step. How cool is that? So I'm kinda excited about getting everything settled and moving forward.

No comments: