Saturday, May 11, 2002

If The Devil Six Then God Is Seven

Scenario 7:

I arrive to the new pad on Tuesday afternoon. After getting my keys and letting my cat out of the carrier, I give a couple of friends a call to let them know I'm finally in L.A. I'd rather not spend the evening in an apartment without furniture, so my pals and I decided to meet down in Westwood for a couple of drinks. Mutual friend of L.A. Chick and me shows up. I've already decided not to ask mutual friend about L.A. Chick--I acted as go-between for a couple back in high school and boy was that annoying. My plan is to give L.A. Chick a call when my stuff finally arrives and I'm somewhat settled. But L.A. chick makes that all moot.

When L.A. Chick walks in, she seems genuinely happy to see me. The smile, the touching, the talking about Sheryl Crow's latest album, and suddenly I don't mind the four months that have passed. But as everyone is about to leave the bar, L.A. Chick becomes morose. I ask L.A. Chick if I can give her a call some time, and she tells me she's too busy for a relationship--work is taking up too much of her time, and she just can't devote any effort to dating at this time.

I'll return to an apartment that's empty save for my cat and me, feeling tired and unhappy.

No comments: