Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Torn

Conversation with Friend One Today:
"Your planning on giving her a call at work?"
"Well, yeah, I don't have her home phone number. So, it'd be kinda freaky if I called her at home."
"Hmmm, I don't know about giving her a call at the office."
"I know, I got pissed when people called me at work with personal shit, but it's not like I have a lot of options."
"Do whatever feels right to you then, I guess."

Conversation with Friend Two Today:
"Well, I'd wait a week."
"Why?"
"C'mon, you just moved down. That'd seem pushy. Maybe you should just e-mail her."
"No, I don't want to e-mail her. Look, I have an AOL account, she'd probably delete it."
"Well, you e-mailed her before. You think she deleted those e-mails?"
"I was 350 miles away at the time."
After the conversation, I thought, "Hey, how is L.A. Chick going to know I just moved here unless I tell her?"

Conversation with Friend Three Several Weeks Ago:
"No, see, I think that was a trick."
"Whuday mean?"
"She just moved down here. She was looking to meet new people, not start a relationship."

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once." William Shakespeare. I guess put up or shut up time is coming soon.

No comments: