Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Arglebargle or Foofora?

The staff at current Contract Gig think that I haven't been coming in because I'm sick. Sometimes, perception becomes reality which is frustrating. I haven't been coming in because it is slooooooooow.

I e-mailed the lawyers at Contract Gig to politely remind them I'm available for work yesterday. Then this morning, I remembered that, due to the craptastic e-mail system, the office e-mail sometimes doesn't receive AOL e-mails (the Contract Gig's IT system is a rant for another day). Anyway, I called the receptionist and the first thing she said was "How are you feeling?" Obviously, perception is becoming reality. I said, "OK" and then asked her to send out an e-mail to the lawyers saying I'm available for work so that the lawyers don't think I'm still sick. Last thing I need is for the Contract Gig to send work elsewhere because they think I'm dying of consumption.

In the meantime, I know I should be doing something constructive, like write my friggin' novel. Instead, I'm still in hands over my ears screaming "Lalalalalala" mode.

No comments: