Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Know What A Turtle Is?

So what's life like half a month into my antidepressants? Well, it can be summed up by the following: "I don't give a shit." Wait! I mean that in a good way, as opposed to an existential nothing matters to me so long cruel world way.

Here's what I mean. Is there a lack of work and mounting medical bills in my life? I don't give a shit.

Friend of a friend hasn't forwarded me the digits of the cute blonde lawyer I talked to this weekend? I don't give a shit.

Life seems to be stalled and there's a part of me thinking it won't unstall? I don't give a shit.

It's not really apathy. Yes, the problems are still there, but I'm not freaking out in a spiral of despair, panic and annoyingness like I usually do. If I eventually need to take action, cool. Otherwise, why worry.

On the downside--there's a part of me that misses some emotion. There is a sort of disaffected middling average type of vibe going in my brain. I guess I was expecting some sort of sunshiney day type feeling, but mainly, it's kinda cloudy.

No comments: