Sunday, July 14, 2002

Only Shallow

In the past month, I've seen at least three bloggers decide to just pack it up with blogs. At least one because the blog had run its course (it was a dating blog, and the dude found a girlfriend within a month of starting his blog). Two packed it up due to ennui. Now, I've been writing entries maybe once a week if I'm lucky. I'm usually too knackered to write anything when I get home from work. There's a small part of me that's beginning to wonder whether to pack this blog up.

But I'm not going to.

There's a much larger part of me that realizes this whole law thing isn't the profession for me. When I left BigLaw, I wondered if maybe the whole 2400 hours, no weekend off, twelve hour days, working for psychos was why I hated the law. Now that I've been working at SmallLaw with decent hours, weekends off, eight hour days, really nice folks, I can honestly say I just don't like the law. If you need to come to me, it's because you're enough of an asshole not to work things out, or the other guy's enough of an asshole not to work things out. Either way, I'm dealing with an asshole.

I need to keep writing so that I don't lose the language. If I stop, then the legalize will take over. So, this blog will still be around.

No comments: