Saturday, July 27, 2002

Weather Storm

For the first half of the year, the one song I knew would pick me up at any time was Zero 7's "Destiny". If I played it on the stereo once, I would be hitting the repeat button again and again. Sia's vocals are smoother than smooth. The lyrics are relaxing, a little bit sad but full of hope without being maudlin or saccharine. It was on repeat even before the whole L.A. Chick thing. And there was something about listening to the song while driving along the 5 from NoCal to SoCal that was so right.

Now, seven months later, the song that picks me up is Ash's "Burn Baby Burn". If I play it one the stereo once, I'll be hitting the repeat button again and again. The vocals are nothing to write home about, but the lyrics are so bang on and the guitars are so driven. It wakes me the fuck up and suddenly I feel things are in perspective (what kind I don't know).

There's a fundamental shift going on right now, and I'm not sure I like it.

No comments: