Friday, July 05, 2002

Torn

OK, so I've been slacking on the blog again. But I'm just so friggin' tired these days. Yeah, steady cashish is good, but when it comes right down to it, I'm back in the profession of dealing with jag-offs with too much money or too little common sense gettin' into pissing contests with each other. As time passes, I'm coming to realize that leaving litigation was the right decision. Too bad happiness rarely has any correlation with income.

Anyway, not thinking to linearly right now, so it looks like yet another selection of random thoughts from Marty Stark.

1. I have rings under my eyes. I mean dark, purple, bruised looking rings under my eyes. All this despite sleeping a nice alcohol free sleep from midnight to 9 this morning with an hour nap around 3 this afternoon. And it was a straight to level four delta wave sleep both times too. Yet I still feel fatigued. Oh yeah, plus the whole rings under the eyes thing too. I did some quick web research as to the cause, and no one knows why the rings under the eyes happen. They know the actual physical symptoms (it's blood that has coagulated in the capillaries underneath the eyes--ewwwww), but they can't figure out why sleep deprivation would cause it. The capillaries beneath the eye are directly connected to the capillaries in the upper nasal cavity, but that would explain why you would get rings under the eyes when you have a cold (with the whole stuffed nasal cavities and all). However, with fatigue, you still breathe regularly. It's kinda neat looking, but certainly not gonna get me any o' the chiquas.

2. The whole legal thing really is a downer on the creativity thing. I mean, you can't really write vernacular in a Memorandum of Points and Authories in Support of a Demurrer. I'd love to be able to write, "Yo yo, Plaintiff has fu-zucked up her Complaint. That mofo be mixing up all her claims in one shi-zingle cause of action. Howz a homeslice supposed to be answering to that shi-zit when that ho be fu-zuckin' up her theories of liability like some crackhead?" Noooooo, I have to write something like, "Plaintiff has conflated several purported claims into a single cause of action, obscuring her theories of liability. Defendant is therefore unable to answer the complaint, and request the Court to sustain its demurrer."

3. Mmmmmmm, mongolian barbeque. Mmmmmmm.

No comments: