Tuesday, June 24, 2003

All I Wanted Was A Diet Pepsi

I know I should let go of the anger, let it flow out of my system so that it puddles in limpid pools upon the ground and evaporates leaving rainbows of happiness and iridescent mists of therapeutic adjustment. Ppppphhhhht.

I had lunch with yet another associate leaving Phuqued Firm. She informed me that Phuqued Firm was very unhappy with the quality of work of the two associates they had brought in to replace us. It reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Homer cocks up his position as sanitation commissioner, and Springfield votes the former commissioner, Ray Patterson voiced by Steve Martin, back in. Upon hearing the result, Ray says, "Oh gosh. You know, I'm not much on speeches, but, it's so gratifying to leave you wallowing in the mess you've made. You're screwed. Thank you. Good bye."

No comments: