Friday, June 27, 2003

This is what you get when you mess with us . . .

I found out today that the associate who started the same day I gave notice left Phuqued Firm. Last week, she sent an e-mail to Phuqued Firm saying that she had a family emergency and wouldn't be in the office. Apparently, sometime this week, she sent another e-mail saying she wasn't coming back.

I hope everything is OK with the associate -- she seemed like good folk. But I have to admit there was a little bit, OK, a lot of glee learning that she left Phuqued Firm. For those of you that aren't counting, that's four associates in two months that have left what was a twelve-person firm when I was there. The Take The Moral High Road part of me feels kinda guilty about finding happiness in this, but the Kicked In The Balls For Eleven Months part of me has a nice warm fuzzy feeling and is currently blowing cigar smoke in the Take The Moral High Road's face.

No comments: