Friday, June 27, 2003

Dancing to Architecture

File this under "Put It Out There So You'll Have To Do This" - I've been toying with an idea for the last couple of weeks. The novel tentatively entitled "Angry Yellow" is taking a musical bent. The Chinkies are going to be running storyline, so I best be able to write about music. I had fun writing the June 3rd entry (OK, maybe I'll figure out how to link that, but for now, you'll just have to get there manually). In the meantime, I've also been finishing up Nick Hornby's Songbook, haven't blogged as much as I wanted to, and been suffering from insane writers block.

Anyway, while halfway through Songbook, I thought about writing little entries on songs that inspired me, that were pivotal in my life, or that I just can't get out of my head. (And if you're thinking, "Hey, ripoff!" Ppphhht, you're talking to a guy who had the second highest grade in his Intellectual Property class and who defended a copyright infringement case -- you can't copyright a concept, only the expression of that concept). Most of the titles to my blog entries are lyrics from songs anyway. I thought maybe writing at least one entry a day about a song will kill a murder of crows with one stone - I'll improve my ability to write about music, I'll write more on the blog and I'll hopefully get through this writer's block. So, given that I'm bored on a Friday night, why not start now. This will last until I run out of songs, paying stuff happens, or, well, I just get sick of it. Here we go . . . (Umm, given this reverse chron Memento-like setup, the first song entry is above this, heh heh)

No comments: