Thursday, June 26, 2003

He took to the woods and wandered in it . . .

See, this is the drawback to not blogging regularly. It goes from "Yay, I'm going out" to "Yawn, I'm going out." So the third date with Liberal Chick? I get the "I don't view you romantically," which frankly was a relief. Hmmm, maybe a further rewind is in order.

Second date with Liberal Chick was at this club, and I was expecting dancing. No dancing was to be had that night. The DJ was boring and the hip hop was ho hum. So we buzz outta there and grab a couple of drinks at this sports bar. In the yellow lighting of the pool hall, I looked over at her and realized that I didn't find her attractive.

So why the third date then? I'm ashamed to admit it was because it was something to do, and she probably felt the same way. Also, I gave her the benefit of the doubt for the lack of spark from the second date. Maybe she was having a tough week. We had fun tonight at a poetry jam (hey, it is more fun than it sounds), and I walked her back to her car. Despite the fact that I really didn't feel like kissing her, I asked if I could. That's when she gave me the "I don't view you romantically" line. I know that sounds rather passive-aggressive of me, but hell, if she said yes I could kiss her I would've. That's the male part of me.

I don't feel too bad about this. The lesson I learned from Bees Knees is that I don't want to be with anyone who doesn't want to be with me. At the very least, I'm reminded that I can have a prolonged conversation with a woman I don't know, make her laugh, and not be a complete freako.

No comments: